Nevertheless, there are processes in this phase where bioinnovation can have high impact and help reform an industry much criticized for pollution and high water and energy consumption.
Textile mills and laundries can use enzymes from the early stage of pretreatment to the finishing touches, and in between. The sum of them all is that they enable manufacturers to meet the challenges of producing high-quality fabrics in a cost-efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
Meaningful innovation and relationships
Novozymes aims to deliver innovation that really matters to the textile manufacturers and consumers and therefore engages in dialog with consumers, brands, and organizations to understand the real challenges of the textile industry and to promote and develop relevant sustainable textile solutions.
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition - an organization for brands, retailers, manufacturers, NGOs, experts etc. working to enhance sustainability profile of apparel and footwear products
- Textile Exchange - a non-profit organization committed to the responsible expansion of textile sustainability across the global textile value chain
- Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP) – helping people recycle more and waste less, both at home and at work, and offers economic as well as environmental benefits.
- Sustainability Consortium - building a scientific foundation that drives innovation to improve consumer product sustainability
- LAUNCH - identifying and accelerating sustainable innovation within materials that will change the world
- UNIDO - supporting producers of textiles and garments with advice on sustainable technology, product diversification and market opportunities
Novozymes has asked H&M’s Head of Sustainability’s about her take on the challenges in the fashion industry. Read the interview here
Meet environmental legislation
Brands and retailers are constantly under pressure from consumers, NGOs and media to keep track of their supply chain and to consider the social and environmental factors surrounding their retail products. Meanwhile, legislators around the world are continually introducing environmental regulations which producers, small and big, must adhere to. Enzymes help mills and laundries optimize production by lowering chemical, water, and energy consumption. Enzymes are biodegradable components that do not interfere with the natural balance of rivers and streams.
Work with carefully selected partners
To start unleashing the benefits of enzymes for wet processing, please fill in the contact form
, and you will be contacted with details on our partner in your area. Novozymes’ only work with carefully selected distributors and formulation partners, who have been trained to sell and support our enzymes either alone or in combination with their own products for textile processing.