The anatomy of a sustainability-focused organization
If you want to integrate sustainability in the organization, you have to consider the entire anatomy of sustainability. You can learn more by downloading this infographic "The anatomy of sustainability
Five steps to integrating sustainability in practice:
- Build business – place sustainability at the heart of your business strategy
- Integrate, integrate, integrate – establish a cross-functional, high-level sustainability board
- Link goals to bonus schemes – integrate sustainability targets into bonus schemes
- Don’t underestimate training – build sustainability competences across the organization
- Make success measurable – measure progress through targets and indicators
Organizing sustainability in Novozymes
Sustainability has been on our agenda for many years. This means that former hot sustainability topics are already a natural part of our business and management practices. More information about these topics can be found in our positions.
We integrate sustainability in our business at three different levels; in-house, in the relationship with supply chain partners and in collaboration with our customers. This combined with a general awareness of including multiple stakeholders has created a successful setup to organize Novozymes sustainability efforts.